Monday, 5 July 2010

Family

Simple dinner with my beloved mother
I had a simple dinner with my mother not long ago. It has been a long time since we last had a meal together due to her busyness. Though the dinner isn't long, i had spend a great time with her. Having a heart-to-heart conversation, joking around, is just simply awesome. This has brought me so much closer to her now. I just love my mum.





1. Your expectations:
A) Why you chose to do that activity.
- To spend more time with my mother, though it's just a simple dinner with her. Because she has given her all for this family after my dad has passed away.

B) What you felt mattered in that activity.
- Being able to have a heart-to-heart conversation with my mother, getting to know her more. And also, try to share her burden by working Part-time if i've got the time.

2. Highlights:
What you enjoyed most in that activity.
- I enjoyed having a heart-to-heart conversation with her, it has been a long time since we had dinner together. Our relationship is getting closer and sweeter. I just love my mother.

3. Your reflection:
A) What challenges you overcame.
- My mother is always busy with her work, and we could hardly find time to sit down and have a meal together. Thus, this meal has really brought us much more closer than before.

B) What do failures and successes mean.
- Failures are just stepping stones towards success. Thus, we should never give up and move on, learning the mistakes that are the reasons for the failure.

C) What life skills have you learnt from the activity.
- Not to take generation gap as an excuse for all the problems that we faced when our parents scold us. When we don't spend enough time with them.

D) In which ways have you become a better person.
- I have build up a relationship with her that i can shower back the love that she has always showered me with.

Written by: Grace Chew Yi Xin; UQ1004C