Monday, 5 July 2010

Educational

Clearing doubts of sister's homework
I was teaching my sister with some of her work which i've learnt in Secondary School, as she don't really understand. Teaching my sister was tiring, she gets distracted easily, so i'm doing double work to get her attention back. However, overall was fun as finally, she gets a clear picture of how to do her work. I'm happy that i'm of help to my sister's work.






1. Your expectations:
A) Why you chose to do that activity.
- To help my younger sister with her studies so that she can get a clear image 0f the topic that she's confused.

B) What you felt mattered in that activity.
- Teach my sister can drive me nuts, because she gets distracted easily.

2. Highlights:
What you enjoyed most in that activity.
- Though my sister gets distracted easily, but i managed to devise her attention by giving a much more interesting example to clear her doubts.

3. Your reflection:
A) What challenges you overcame.
- My sister asked me to teach her the topic which i've learnt in Secondary 3, it was somehow a challenge for me as i had already forgotten about the topic, until i read the textbook.

B) What do failures and successes mean.
- If we do not give up though we've failed, we will receive our great achievement of success in the near future.

C) What life skills have you learnt from the activity.
- Teaching own sibling requires patience, perseverance and determination as you'll get angry easily if they don't understand.

D) In which ways have you become a better person.
- Having to be more patient with the people around me. Be it parents, siblings, relatives or friends.

Written by: Grace Chew Yi Xin; UQ1004C